On August 30th the sixth grade got on a bus and headed off to Camp Kirkwood But there was a hurricane coming with us. When we got there it was raining and we had to get everyone’s stuff out of the rain. Then once  everyone’s stuff was out  we got split up into cabins. Then in my cabin we picked our beds and got settled in. The next thing we did was we went and got lunch. Then the food was ham and cheese sandwiches. Then after that we went to our cabins and got bathing suits on. After that we got split up into our groups 1-6 I was in group six. What my group did first was the kangaroo jumper. It was like a giant trampoline. It was very fun. Then after that we went to the pool for two hours. I played moss which was fun.then after that we changed and then went to dinner it was spaghetti + meatballs. After that we got to watch a movie or play dodge ball. I did both. The movie was called The Lorax. In the middle we got snow cones yum. Then after that we had cabin time. I played five matches. It is a fun card game. Then I took a shower and changed to get ready to go to sleep. Then at 9:15 it was lights out. I fell asleep quickly because the rain on the roof helped me. 

Then on the second day I woke up at 7:30 and got ready. I changed my shoes and got ready for breakfast. It was eggs ham and croissants. It was tasty. Then after that we went to the flagpole to figure out what we were doing. My group first got game time in a cabin. It was fun. I played Uno Flip. Then after that my group went boating. I was in a canoe with friends. We went around the lake paddling. We saw three turtles. They looked pretty cool. Then we paddled back to land to go to our next thing which was the zip line. So we walked over to it and got harnesses on and helmets. Then to get up to the zip line I had to climb up this rope wall. Next, I had to climb up a ladder then I was at the top. After that I got harnessed on and jumped. I went over the lake to a landing. Which then when I got there got unclipped and had to walk back to give it to the next person. Then I sat on a log and watched friends do it. Next I went to have chili dogs. I had one with cheese on it. Then I had the kangaroo jumper again which was fun. Then after that I had the pool again which I played moss in and caught the ball sometimes. Then it was dinner for dinner we got beans brócoli and chicken which I liked. Then for dessert we got cake because there were 4 birthdays but my group had to leave early for the V swing which is where you get a harness on and a helmet  and get attached to a rope. Then my friends pulled me up to where I wanted to go to the top. Then I pulled a rope and released myself  and I was swinging. It was really fun. Then after we finished, we went back to our cabins to play games. Then we went on a night hike to a fire to get s’mores. First, we found sticks and put marshmallows on them. Then when I finished cooking my s’more. I put chocolate and a gram cracker on it and ate it. It tasted great. Then we walked back and showered. And went to bed.

Then on the third day I woke up and changed. And started packing up early. I put my sleeping bag up with all my other stuff. Then I went to breakfast which was waffles, yum. Then after breakfast we went to go do Gaga ball. And in one of the pits there was the pet pig which was really fun to pet. Then I played gaga and won a round. Which was fun then we did orienteering which is doing stuff with a compass like walking to a spot with the compass. After orienteering we went to our cabins and finished up packing our last stuff. After that we had pizza for lunch. After lunch we loaded all the stuff into the buses and waved bye to Camp Hanes. On the bus ride back I was just thinking that we had such a great time at Camp Hanes.                 

2 thoughts on “Camp Kirkwood