Image from Unsplash

I am a reader. I usually read to go to sleep or for fun. I also read to learn new words and phrases in books. I read best when it is quiet and calm or if there is calm music on. I consider myself a good average reader. I tend to usually read an hour a day. 

At my house I have probably 300 to 350 books that I like reading. All of these books I have collected over the years. My favorite book I have in my house is Warrior Kid which is about a kid who is training to be a warrior to fight evil. Right now I am reading The Secret of Goldenrod, which is about a girl named Trina and her grandpa Popo. They are people who make houses look better.  Right now they are working on an old mansion for a year. For the whole year they get to live in it while making it look better. Trina thinks there is someone else in the house watching her while they work.

My favorite genre of books is graphic novels because it has pictures of what the people are saying and their conversations. I like them because you don’t have to guess what the character looks like because the book already shows you. Also, if there is an interesting scene going on there is a picture for it so that you don’t have to guess what everything looks like. I also like mystery books where there is something that they are trying to figure out  or if there is a problem to solve they don’t solve it until  the end of the book. 

My favorite book is Big Nate. I like this book because it is funny and it is about a sixth grader Nate Wright who usually gets in detention. I am in sixth grade so it sort of is about my experience except I don’t get detention. This book is by Lincoln Peirce. My favorite book in the series is Revenge of The Cream Puffs which is when his baseball team is losing 5-0 but then they come back and win the game. Also, fun fact Lincoln Peirce has written 29 Big Nate books.  If you have a favorite book or any recommendations for me, please write them in the comments below.

One thought on “I am a reader