Have you ever read a story with a moral? Well, I read a lot of them. A wisdom tale is a  short story that has a moral. For example, a wisdom tale I like is The Tortoise and the Hare. This is a story where there is a rabbit and a tortoise and they race. The rabbit says he is the fastest animal, but he underestimates the turtle and loses. So the moral is to be humble. 

The wisdom tale I chose for my comic is called The Paca and Beetle. Why I chose this wisdom tale is because it is like my favorite tale The Tortoise and the Hare but it has different characters. This story is about a paca that says to a beetle, “You are slow!” Then they race to see who is faster. The paca is far ahead so he takes a break but then the beetle shows up at the finish line and says I have wings.  He says, “I only use them when I really need to.” The moral of this story is to be humble. 

Then my grade had a parent, Brittain Peck, come in and talk about how to make comics because he is  an artist . What I learned from him was to start simple and then get to the detailed drawing. I also learned to show emotions in my drawings. The drawing app I used for my comic is called Sketchbook.  Some tips for using it are to use a stylus for the most smooth lines because it is sort of hard to make straight lines with your finger. Another tip is that if you are tracing something and want the same color you should tap the little marker in where the colors are and tap on the color you want. Then the paint brush will paint that color. The app I used for making the comic is called Comic Life 3. Some tips for this app are that when you are printing it out make sure there is enough space for the title or it will get cut off. Another tip is to print it two times, first to see if it looks good then actually print it.  I hope this inspires you to make a comic if you do put a picture in the comments below.  

One thought on “My Wisdom Tales Comic